What is a fascia?
According to Wikipedia, a fascia is a fibro-elastic membrane that covers or envelops an anatomical structure. It is made up of connective tissue very rich in collagen fibers. Fascia are known to be passive structures for transmitting stress generated by muscle activity or forces outside the body.The video in summary:
70% of our body is made up of water. Most of the water in our bodies is linked to fascia, the tissues that connect all structures and organs in the body.
Our entire body (our cells, organs, muscles, tendons) is literally bathed in a fluid called the extracellular matrix.
The extracellular matrix is a form of gel between all the tissues, between all the fascia . In this matrix, part of the water circulates to provide nutrients while removing waste.
But another part of water is bound to molecules called proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans (GAG) .
The main role of these molecules is to store a lot of water like sponges.
This “sponge” function makes it possible to maintain a high level of hydration for all cells and tissues but also to allow the fascia to have a gelatinous structure capable of deformation, absorption, transmission, repair , hormonal or electrical communication.
These Glycosaminoglycans you’ve heard of: Hyaluronic acid, Chondroitin sulfate, Dermatane sulfate, Keratan sulfate, N Acetyl Glucosamine (precursor of hyaluronic acid).
Our body is constantly renewing our stock of hyaluronic acid and glycosaminoglycans. However, as we age, our stock of hyaluronic acid is renewed more slowly. Basically: if you pour water on an already soaked sponge, it does not penetrate the sponge.
Compressions, twists, contractions and other stretches in other words movement in different amplitudes, with different intensities and in a three-dimensional way as well as self-massages, promote “spin” and circulation.
To promote cleaning, hydration and maintenance of certain deep tissues, it is necessary to combine deep self-massages with MACs and controlled joint mobilizations.
In this type of work the objective is to actively mobilize a joint in specific positions while the muscles and fascia are compressed by a self-massage tool. This type of work can be found in my books Sport Without Injury and MAC Bouger sans pain.
What supplements to take care of these fascias?
Beyond 30-35 years, the direct and sufficient supply of glycoaminoglycan or of molecules involved in their composition becomes important particularly for an athlete and a sportswoman .
We suggest the use of Arthropure which combines in capsules: N Acetyl Glucosamine + Chondroitin sulfate + MSM + Boswellia.
Arthropure: MSM Chondroitin Glucosamine Boswellia
- check 700mg of OptiMSM®: organic sulfur precursor of cartilage tissue
- check 600mg of Chondroitin Sulfate Solabia®
- check 500mg of N Acetyl Glucosamine Kaneka®: the benchmark glucosamine
- check 250mg of Boswellia WorkVel® extract to support healthy bones and joints
- check 40mg of Vitamin C to ensure the normal function of bones, cartilage and skin
- check Packaging: 120 capsules (1 month) or 6×120 capsules (6 months including 2 free).
Finally, controlling or reducing local tissue inflammation is necessary to maintain proper hydration.
In fact, a chronic inflammatory state is associated with a more or less significant edematous reaction which disrupts the circulation of fluids and increases their stagnation (water retention, cellulite).
As such we recommend Active Curcumin which regulates systemic inflammation in the body.
- check 31g and 200g of Active Curcumin extracted from Curcuma Longa – 100% pure
- check Target: inflammation, joints and aging. Natural antioxidant
- check Cavacurmin® Curcumin Highly Bioavailable thanks to its solubility in water!
- check No additives or sweeteners – No nanoparticles. Neutral taste. Dosage: 1 g / day.
Finally a minimal supply of collagen in the form of collagen peptide provides essential raw material for the fascia and tendons.
Peptan Collagen Peptides
- check Type I collagen: the reference collagen
- check Target: tendonitis and moderate joint pain
- check Packaging: 1.2kg and 4kg
- check Dosage: 10 to 20g per day
Good complementation and good progression.